Durham Sump Pump Service
Sump pumps play an integral role in protecting a home from water damage. Total Plumbing has a team of talented Durham sump pump professionals that can handle installation, repair, and replacement.
Total Plumbing prides ourselves on offering reliable, high-quality solutions for all your home’s water issues. Call our office at (919) 642-1047 or reach out online today.
Benefits of Sump Pump Installation
Sump pump installation is one of the smartest things a homeowner can do, for reasons such as:
- A sump pump significantly decreases the chance of baseboards getting water damage. Water can be one of the most significant hazards to any home, leading to the decaying of walls, floor coverings, and furniture. With a sump pump, this danger is eliminated or reduced.
- Water can seep through tiny cracks in your basement, and over time, this can cause the walls to peel and crack. A sump pump stops this process before it even starts.
- Sump pump installation can reduce the chances of mold, mildew, and other fungi growth in the home. These organisms thrive in damp environments, and by keeping the moisture level low, the sump pump can keep them at bay.
- Improved indoor air quality is another advantage of sump pump installation, as it helps keep basement humidity levels low, which in turn can help reduce the number of allergens in the air.
- Sump pumps can protect basement appliances such as washers and dryers by keeping them dry and preventing water damage. Sump pumps also prevent termites and other insect invasions, as it reduces the moisture levels that pests need to exist in the home.
- The sump pump will get rid of any water that has collected around the foundation, preventing damage caused by soil expansion and contraction.
Ultimately, sump pump installation is a smart investment for any homeowner who wants to protect their property from the damaging effects of excess water. Taking this step can enhance property value when it comes time to sell, potentially allowing a property owner to more than recoup their initial investment.
Signs that a Sump Pump Needs to Be Repaired
Here are some of the signs that it’s time to call our Durham sump pump repair techs:
- Strange noises: If there are loud or excessive noises coming from the sump pump, it's very possible that there are damaged or worn parts that need to be replaced.
- Bad smells: If there is a moldy or musty smell in the basement, particularly when the sump pump is running, this could be a sign that something is wrong and needs to be repaired.
- Failure to run or drain: If the sump pump isn't running at all, or if it seems like it's not draining properly, this could indicate a problem with the motor or other components of the system.
- Vibrates excessively when running: Excessive vibration can indicate an issue with the impeller fan on the bottom of the unit, which pulls water into the pump.
Call Now for Sump Pump Service
Total Plumbing understands the vital importance of a properly functioning sump pump, and we take pride in helping homeowners protect their properties from water damage.
Call our office at (919) 642-1047 or contact us online today.
"Total plumbing is the last plumbing service you’ll ever need! Reagan and his crew are great to work with. They’re friendly, professional, and do exceptional work at a fair price. I will be using them for any future plumbing needs." - Trevor (Happy Client)
We take pride in our work as plumbers, delivering high-quality results using the best products and drawing from many years of experience.
As plumbers who prioritize honesty and professionalism, we always strive to provide our clients with reliable and efficient services to meet their needs.
We take pride in being plumbers who treat our customers like family and give back to our community, it's our way of showing gratitude and building lasting relationships.